In 1903, St. Bartholomew Church was dedicated on property donated by Jamison Coal and Coke Company. in 1908, fifteen acres of ground were donated by the same company for the cemetery.
In 1911, the first Crabtree Mount Carmel festival was celebrated.
A new school was erected in 1920, and the building was demolished in 1982.
Benedictine Father Method Mraz saw a need for a recreation hall in the area, and was instrumental in building Marian Hall. The hall was dedicated in 1954.
In the early years, coal shaped the economic texture of the area. Collection baskets have always contained the hard-earned wages of the miners and other industry workers of the area. The foundation of St. Bartholomew Parish is rooted in the mine dust and is cemented with the musical immigrant dialects; the soft sing-song whisper of babushkaed Slovak and Polish women telling the beads, the waif-like trace of an Irish lilt, and the warmth of an Italian "Buon Giorno" can never be forgotten. The years have brought changes, but the echoes of those who were first are forever heard. As the past 100 plus years unfolded, know that they represent the legacy of dedicated hearts and minds and hands.